Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big Bad Bourbon Tasting

It's been a while since I've posted. I know. I apologize. During my leave of absence there were rumors that I ran away, fell into a vat of Bourbon, drowned, pickled, jarred and then sent off to sea off the coast of the Orkney Islands in a Sherry cask previously used for Glendronach 1995 Pedro Ximinez Sherry Puncheon Single Malt Scotch. I don't know HOW you guys think of these things!

Truth is, I've been working my ass off here at the shop. I've been searching high and low for new spirits to bring into SG&G as well as setting up fun spirits tastings. The first of three tastings was Tuesday Nov 22nd. It was dubbed the Big Bad Bourbon Tasting. We featured 24 Bourbons and whiskeys, a homemade barrel aged Bourbon "Manhattan", an Imperial Stout from Laughing Dog Brewery that has been aged in Bourbon barrels, pretzels with a homemade Bourbon honey-maple dijon mustard and homemade Bourbon balls that were amazing! Our friends at Collyer Catering also brought some delicious rosemary flank steak skewers with spiked Bourbon reduction sauce and grilled shrimp with a Bourbon brown sugar sauce.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the actual event. It was just way too busy. I think we all had a good time that night. I'm definitely looking forward to next year's Bourbon Tasting. In the meantime, keep your ears open for our Holiday Scotch tasting.
Bourbon Manhattan


Low Gap White Wheat Whiskey + Basil Hayden's 8 yr 
Jefferson's representin'!

Willet Rye + Four Roses Yellow Label

Tuthilltown Rye + Baby Bourbon

St. George Breaking & Entering Bourbon,  Jim Beam Devil's Cut and Black

Buffalo Trace, Hirsch Small Batch Reserve Vintage Bourbon 17yr

Berkshire Bourbon & Corn Whiskey

Brekenridge Colorado Bourbon

Laughing Dog "The Dogfather" Imperial Stout

The "Cool Crowd" with Four Roses Small Batch on the left

No comments:

Post a Comment